Ode to the Intrauterine device (IUD) at the annual ACOG meeting in New Orleans:
1. among the most effective contraceptives
2. treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding
3. treatment of endometriosis
4. associated with a 40 percent reduction in the risk of endometrial cancer
5. suitable for both women who've never given birth, as well as for those who have
If you are about to start using a birth control method, or are considering switching methods, I can not urge you strongly enough to give the IUD serious consideration.
After all, the IUD is the bestest, prettiest method of them all.